Hi,

I'm trying to setup a battle to mimic Action Points system used in many games. You have X Action points and each attack costs Y action points. etc.

The problem I ran into is the AI is stuck if it is unable to use all action points. So I get a loop message "Combatant does nothing".

I tried two different approaches, one was to set Default Action Cost to 0 and use Mana type of Status
Value to limit ability use (like was suggested in tutorial) and I also tried to set Actions per turn to high value and setup individual ability's Action Cost.

But in either example if I have something like. Action points = 8, Ability cost = 3. Once the AI attacks twice it gets locked into the "Combatant does nothing" message loop.

How can I setup AI that if it can do no more actions due to cost, that it ends their turn?

Thanks,
  • This is for Turn Based Battle Mode
  • You can solve that by setting the action costs for the None action to use it's own cost of 1. Enable Own None Costs in the None Cost settings of your turn based battle settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah ok I'll try that out.
    I used none cost 0 as a test earlier but I guess that just looped char.

But if I set none to 1, will I get multiple notifications of "Combatant does nothing" until AI has used up all the extra points?
  • Ok no that worked great. Thanks
  • Doing nothing should end the turn :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Just curious, is there a way to set the cost of the "None" action to equal the remaining number of action points that combatant has? That way you don't have to click the end turn button multiple times.
  • Yes, you can do that - use a formula as value and use the Action Bar step in the formula to use the current value of the action bar (i.e. the actions per turn in turn based battles).