edited April 2016 in Announcements
Makinom 1.4.2 is here: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makinom update coming tomorrow - small update feature-wise, but bringing a very useful thing:

Machine Start Variables
These helpful settings will allow you to define local start variables in the schematic's Settings node. You'll define the key, type and default value of the variable.
When using the schematic in a machine component, the Machine Start Variables will be recognized and added as simple value fields for quick and easy setup in the machine's inspector with their default value. You can disable the individual start variables in the inspector - and if you need more complex setup for one, you can still just add it as a local start variable the regular way :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, nice! So no need for setting this sort of stuff in an object variable, then!
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Well, not exactly. If object variables are used, they're used for a reason, e.g. because something needs to be kept between machine runs (e.g. health).

This is just for easier setup of local start variables. The new settings in the schematic allow exposing defined local variables of the schematic to the inspector of machine components. I.e. the inspector will know which local variables are needed and displays settings for them.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Makinom 1.4.2 is here: release notes