Hello,

Is it possible to somehow use items to give status value bonuses to combatant? I don't mean the items you can use manually, but just by item being in combatants inventory for it to give some status bonus? Or failing that is it possible to use item quantity on character in formulas?

Example use:
You collect Igni runes while traveling in the world, the more Igni runes you have in your inventory the more damage you can do with fire spells. But you can also trade/drop those runes.

Thanks,
  • Yes, using item variables and the selected data feature.
    In the formula you can use a Select Item step to select an item from the user's (or target's) inventory and use the Selected variable origin to use the item variable.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • will that allow me to calculate quantity of the items in inventory?
  • I don't think that's possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, Even for stuff like currency?
  • No - I'll add a new step for using inventory quantities in formulas in one of the next updates.
    For now, if the formula is used in an event, you can use the Inventory To Variable step in the event before using the formula to store a quantity into a variable and use that in the formula (e.g. a local variable, which are shared with called formulas). This also applies if the formula is used in an ability and called through the Calculate step.