edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I'm using real time combat, and I'm trying to get it so that my character defends when the block button is held down. It works fine with no animation. However when I add a battle event to it the block animation continues to play after I've released the button, it continues to play until I attack. Also while holding the block button down the defend state rapidly turns on and off. How do I get defending to work with real time combat?
  • Currently, defend is an action that is performed once and holds the defend state until the next turn - which is in real time battles the next time you perform an action.

I'll look into adding defending while holding a key :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh ok, so thats what was going on. I'll work with defend being a more toggleable type of thing for now. Thanks for looking into a defined while holding a button option, that would be really useful for real time games like mine. Thanks!
    What I'm trying to do is get it so the player can block attacks with a shield or weapon while holding down the block key in real time combat. Other than mapping the defend command to a key, what would be another way I could do this?
  • When using damage dealers and damage zones, you could add a damage zone with Block Damage enabled to your shield.
    Now you'd only need to play a defend animation when holding down the key, e.g. through a global event or a custom script :)
    This would block all damage that comes through the shield ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh ok, cool I'll give that a shot. Thanks!