The reason I want to do that is just have the shop feeling but me character already has a backend inventory and since it can't integrate easily with Ork I'm going to trick the player by buying from Ork's shop, then spawning the item on the ground or the shop table, then they can pick it up and let the custom inventory handle the rest.
  • In the event system there's the 'Open Shop' node for buying and not buying. I connected 'Bought Something' -> 'Spawn Prefab'

However, I can't know what particular item the player may buy so specifying a prefab here can be disastrous, unless I make 1 shop per item so I know for sure what item will be bought. Also the amount purchased is another factor. I'm sure someone has already tackled this so please share your advice while GIL is gone. Thanks
  • @Catacomber you got any experience with this one?
  • Basically you'll have 2 options:
    - check the player's inventory for all the individual items and spawn the according prefab afterwards
    - write a custom node for that, e.g. just getting all items from the inventory and dropping them
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah I'll use your advice on that in the previous post and just use a game event instead of a shop event. Thank you