Is it possible to use ngui with Makinom?

Thanks
  • Yes and no.

Yes, you can use NGUI beside Makinom and use schematics to change NGUI components (e.g. using Function nodes like Change Fields or Call Function).

No, you can't use NGUI to display Makinom stuff like dialogues or HUDs without scripting.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah, OK.
    I use Ork for the majority of the project I am working on (started with ork before I got Makinom). So I could use Makinom to display/change the menus. I could then display items in my inventory via ork by using code that hooks into Ork and feeds it into the ngui script (never used ngui before)?

Thanks
  • Yes - but if you haven't used NGUI before, why not just stay with Unity's new UI (UGUI)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, a new UI? I never actually realized Unity had added a new system/style xD
    I've updated, I'll check that out.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • I believe the guy who created NGUI was brought on board to help with Unity's new GUI system.
  • Oh, that's pretty neat then. Looked at the UGUI and it seems pretty nice. Saved me some money :p
  • UGUI support is built-in in ORK :)