Just a quick question really, working on a third person project and got ORK on the 50% off, been using the demo for awhile now, though, but, here goes;

1. Could monster be controlled in the "real world" using ORK, having them patrol, spot the player and run AI (attack, hide, etc)

2. If so, would damage dealers be the way to go if I was shooting at them?

Thanks for any replies, kinda curious to how this could turn out.
  • 1. You can have real time battles in the whole scene by using the Real Time Battle Area without a collider/trigger attached. Monsters can patrol by using a Move AI and adding waypoint objects to their Combatant Spawner, spotting and hunting the player is also handled by the Move AI (you can set up distance and angles on which the player is spotted, either on sight or when the player moves).
    Hiding is currently not possible, but certainly something that will come at some point :)

2. If you want to really shoot projectiles, yes, that's the way to go. Add damage zones to the prefabs of your combatants (you can also add multiple zones and create vulnerable body parts, e.g. for headshots) and damage dealers to your projectiles. You need to activate the damage dealers on spawned projectiles in the Battle Event used by the ability that fires time.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!