I recently spent $100 on another RPG framework with the hope that I could study the C# scripts and improve my programming. To my disappointment, I can't make sense of the scripts, files, and languages he used to create the project. I was hoping to find C# scripts for every behaviour, but I haven't found that yet.

I'll buy Ork, but I need to know what the scripting situation is like. Are all the scripts accessible, in C#, and editable?
  • Hello @owaaan, when you buy ORK Framework Full version you have access to the gameplay source code C# language, this is delivered as a zip file inside the package then you have to create your MonoDevelop or Visual Studio project in order to compile it to a dll and replace the existing one with your customizations.

orkframework.com/tutorial/howto/setting-up-project-references/

hope this helps
  • Yes it does. Thank you. Final question, do you think it would be a good way to learn scripting? Or are the available gameplay scripts too reliant on inaccessible scripts to be comprehensible to a novice like me?
  • The ORK Framework itself offers a lot of features out of the box, when it does not cover a feature you want in your game then scripting will be needed. As all of the "Frameworks" out side in the world, even .net requires a learning curve. What you are not be able to do is have your custom game play code displayed in the ORK Editor since this one is closed to us, but to use the Plugin approach.
    If after the above you still want to continue with a visual scripting approach to avoid code, then you have Makinom or Playmaker Actions for ORK to do that and try to accomplish your special features.
    Does it make sense?
  • Yes I've just purchased Playmaker. I think it might be the way to go for me right now :)
  • The Playmaker Actions for ORK are sold separately