Is the fade length in the legacy animation node working? I have a first person controller, with the arm being a child of the camera and the camera a child of my sphere. In my controller schematic, which is attached to my sphere, I have a couple of animation node to play my idle, run, and jump animation. In the animation node, no matter what fade length I change my idle or run animation to, there doesn't appear to be much of a difference. The animation still jump straight from one animation to another. This doesn't look very good, but no matter what I change the value of the fade length to, it still won't transition smoothly.
  • Yes, it's working - i.e. calling the Animation component's CrossFade function with the fade length you defined.

When using Stop Same Layer, only an animation playing on the same layer will be faded out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2016
    I still couldn't get the animation to fade smoothly :)
    I tried changing both the idle and run's layers to the same, to different, and even changing it to stop same layer and stop all, but it still just jump instantly from one animation to another.
    Oh yeah, I'm not using the method of calling the Animation component function. I'm changing the fade length directly via the play legacy animation node play setting.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • The node is calling that function - i.e. it's up to Unity's animation component what they're doing with it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah yeah, I'll keep on tweaking stuff around and see if I can solve this.