edited May 2016 in Makinom Support
Hey, in Makinom, I am using navmesh to move an enemy character around in the scene. As a test, I created a Navmesh Set Path node to move the character to a box. This works wonder (thanks, GiL, for making it so easy!). The problem is that when the box is inside a four way walls with no way to get in, the character will move up to the walls, and will keep on trying to go towards the cube. How do I let the character know that it should stop so that I can play his idle animation or let him walk to a different target or do whatever?

I tried using navmesh with Ork Move ai and it works great. When the target is inside the four wall, the character move up to the wall, and just stop and play his idle animation. I want to do this in Makinom, but I'm not sure how to do it. Any ideas? :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • You're probably using the move AI auto stop options, they'll stop the movement if there wasn't any movement (or little movement) in a defined amount of time.

There are different ways to do that - e.g.:

- check the position of the game object regularly and stop the movement when there was little to no progress, can alternatively also be done by checking the remaining navmesh distance (NavMesh Remaining Distance node)
    - check the game object's speed and stop if it's below a certain value (e.g. 0.1, or approximately 0)
    - check the path status (NavMesh Path Status node) and stop movement upon an invalid (or partial) status
    - use a Store Closest Edge or Store Sample Position node you can get the nearest navmesh position that's available and move there instead
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow thanks Gil! With that, you give me a lot of ideas of mixing those up to do a lot of different things. I'll see what I can do with it. I appreciate it.