The only way that currently seems to work is with using game variables. But how do I make sure the game variables contain the current base values of the strength value??
  • Simple, use global events and do the math. Be sure to check if a combatant is in the party before you attempt to retrieve the value. When ever you want to update the value or show it in a menu, recall the event.
  • So it can not be done as a formula? It needs to be an event?
  • Yes, you need to use an event. Formulas operate only with a user and a target combatant, not whole groups.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've got an event, it is called when I press escape and apparently it does nothing.

I used "Status Value to Variable" and "Change Game Variable". But it looks like nothing is actually calculated and there doesn't seem to be a "Calculate" node anymore.

• The Calculate step is only available in battle events and cause the calculation of the action they're used by (e.g. doing ability calculations for the target).

Make sure you're changing Global variables and are using the correct actors (i.e. set up the individual members of the player group as actors).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I managed to solve it using "Call Function".

One problem I have with ORK is that nearly everywhere it is not made clear what is the "input" and what is the "output".
    For example I thought at first the "target object" is where I have to define the game variable that should contain the result. Now the function sets the game variable because I could not get the "Function to Variable" to work.
  • This depends on the step that's used. E.g. in the Call Function step, the target object is the game object with the component that contains the function you're calling.