Is it possible to stop Move AI of enemies in real time battle when player is dead? I tried to do it in battle end event (defeat) but it seems not got fired up.
Combatants are spawned by my script. Battle component is added and defeat event is overriden
  • You can use a Block Move AI step in either the player's death event or the battle end event (if battle end is triggered by the player's death and you're using a Battle component).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I created battle end event with Block Move AI checked on and dialog window opening. I overrode with this event in Battle component's Battle End Events section as a defeat event.
    Also I did death animation event for the player.
    When player dies, death animation event is triggered and player falls dead. Battle end event is not triggered because foes continue to move and no dialog is opened.
    Player and foes are spawned inside battle collider if it helps.
  • Also I checked on these boxes in Real Time Battles settings:
    Defeat on Player Death
    Death Immediately
    End Immediately
  • If you use the Block Move AI option in the event's settings, the move AI will only be blocked while the event is running. I was talking about using the Block Move AI step (Add > Movement > Move AI) - this will block the move AI from that time onward until you unblock it with another step (e.g. in a different event).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • oh, yes! it works when I added it in death animation event! thanks a lot :)
    but battle end event still didn't fire up. Why is that?