HI, I hope Keldryn is here. I made a model with Maximo/Adobe Fuse, standing idle animation, female elf with a dress. Made the .fbx into a .prefab in Unity. Put the prefab into the scene. and she won't do the standing idle animation, nothing. I tried changing around some of the settings in the inspector, but no animation. anyone if you have any ideas, that would be great. thank you.
  • edited June 2016
    All of the fbx file parts from the model are not going into my prefab parts list. It is not transferring some items including the animation icon. I was wrong, the fbx files has body parts listed twice. the only part not transferring to prefab is "maximo.com" which i think is the animation? it has the play symbol.
    Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • Do you have an animator component attached to the model? And have you set her rig to type Humanoid?

If that doesn't work, zip up the model and PM me a link and I'll have a look at it for you.
  • Thank you Keldryn, I am sending you a pm with the link. I used the Fuse online autorig setup, and I don't remember setting to humanoid. The website gave me a finished fbx file. Then i brought it into Unity and tried to work with. Thanks for helping. Please check your messages. Thanks!
  • She animates fine. It's a very subtle idle animation, and it stops after playing once. If you select the FM_ELF_standing_idle file in your project view and then the Animations tab in the Inspector, you can scroll down a bit and check the Loop Time and Loop Pose checkboxes. Apply the changes and then run it again and she should keep playing the animation.

While you're at it, you should also check "Bake Into Pose" and "Based Upon: Original" for all three Root Transform settings, as her feet are drifting and rotating slightly during the idle animation (you can see it clearly if you zoom in and look at her feet in the scene view while the game is running).

If you want to use other animations with her, you're probably best changing her rig to "Humanoid" type so that you can retarget those other animations to her.
    All of the fbx file parts from the model are not going into my prefab parts list. It is not transferring some items including the animation icon. I was wrong, the fbx files has body parts listed twice. the only part not transferring to prefab is "maximo.com" which i think is the animation? it has the play symbol.
    The body parts are listed twice in the .fbx file because the first set (the blue block with the white tag on the side) are the (Skinned) Mesh Renderers, and the second set (with the grey grid icons) are the base meshes themselves (before any materials are applied).

So there's nothing unusual going on here; you'll see the same thing any time you make a prefab out of an imported 3D model (sometimes the meshes will be parented to the Mesh Renderers).

Yes, the "mixamo.com" is the animation, and you won't see that in the prefab either.
  • edited June 2016
    I did everything you listed and she still does not move. There is a yellow exclamation mark about import message in the inspector, about mixamorg:spine 2. The animation is subtle, but I would see if she moved. She does not move. I Looped thet animation, and made the animation Humanoid, and did Bake into Pose, based upon original, 3 times.
  • I can't get her to animate. does the prefab name have to be the same as the fbx name?
  • i guess not. she still does not animate with the same name as the fbx
  • just remade her in Fuse with a jumping animation. that does not play either in my game.
  • No, the prefab can be named whatever you want it to be.

Create a new project, add a ground plane to the scene, and drag the model onto it. Check the Loop Time and Loop Pose settings as well as the three Bake Transform/Rotation settings. Then you'll know for sure if there's a problem with the model/animations or not.
  • Keldryn, you are the master. lol. I got her to animate. In a new project, in a new scene. Now time to write down exactly what i did in a text file and back it up with my model. thanks again.
  • edited June 2016
    Just imported her into my main game project. Into the a town scene. She animates. Woohoo! she is the first character the player will see and be the first quest of the game. thanks to you! awesome. thanks. Now on to make my first quest. I will have to fix the shortcut skillbar later, at least it launches a fireball, for the quest. Just want to see if I can complete the quest.
  • Does anyone know why my first person character/player would be a low height off of the ground and correct in relation to the female character I made and the buildings in the town, but when i zone into another scene or interior of building, I am way above the ground for the rest of the game, too high for everything. The only time I am at the correct height off of the ground is when I have not changed scenes yet. Please if anyone can help.
  • Probably something wrong with your setup - when it happens, check how your player's game object looks in the scene view in Unity.
    E.g. if the player is floating in the air, your controls probably don't use gravity to keep it on the ground.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok thank you
  • Your Character Controller height is 1.8 also. Normally the First Person Controller is a height of 1 with the camera located as a child either at y .8 or y .9. Plus don't check Place on Ground in the Spawn Point. : )