So, I took a break from ORK for a bit and seem to have deleted my old project.

In the quest to dabble in ORK again, I've been trying to get a FPC setup in ork using the ORK FPC settings and running into some troubles. Is there a way to make the camera move in the Y axis using just ork framework? I can do it with a script of course, but I'm wondering how you would set that up in the framework.

A general setup walk through for FPC in ORK framework pure would be helpful.

I'm also trying to rediscover how to setup Mecanim... but that's for another time.
  • edited June 2016
    There are a lot of great tutorials here for setting up Mecanim. Thanks to Keldryn, I have Mecanim working with the Unity Standard Assets Third-Person Controller. I imagine using First Person isn't that hard because you don't have to worry about many animations.

Not sure what you mean by have the camera move in the Y axis. Do you mean look up and down?
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Ya, trying to get the camera to look up and down with just the ork controls.

I've already move on and made the system work with a custom script, it's just always bothered me that I couldn't get that to work in ORK.
  • Wait for Gil. :)
  • Well, it's actually pretty simple - when using ORK's first person camera controls you can define which input to use for the horizontal and vertical camera movement. If you want to use mouse movement for that input, set up an input key that uses a Unity input manager key that has mouse movement set up.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!