Hi,
I want to combine some completely custom functionality with ORK's native UI functions (Inventory, Stat display etc)

What is the best approach to take here?
A) Use custom UI and call ORK functions to show relevant items
B) Expand ORK UI functionality ?

And where should I start if I want to expand ORK UI functions, or is it even possible?

Thanks,
  • Depends on how you want to expand it. E.g. if you just want to also display your custom UI stuff alongside ORK menus, you can use the open/close game events in menu screens to call your functionality for showing/hiding the UI.

If you want to implement your stuff into ORKs menus, you'll have to adjust that in the gameplay code. Or implement ORKs stuff in your own code :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ideally I would like to add custom sections to the UI in ORK. And combine for example Combatant stats, ORK inventory and my custom data(For example custom skill system icons). But all of that adjustable through ORK UI Editor.

My data would feed into ORK Ui templates.

Is something like that possible? And if it is, where should I start looking to see ORK Ui sections?
  • Well, yes, it's possible - through adding your code to ORK. E.g. add a new HUD type or menu part.
    The UI code can be found in Gameplay/GUI (and its sub-folders) in the code project.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!