edited June 2016 in ORK Support
As my character is walking into a scene changer, his animation goes back to idle as the scene begins to fade. This feels unnatural, so I was wondering if it would be possible to freeze the scene as it fades instead. Basically everything in the scene stops in place and the character is stuck on the most recent frame of his running animation during the transition.

If there's a way to do this through ORK or otherwise, I'd love to know! Thanks!
Post edited by braytendo on
  • I think I'm onto something involving the use of animation.enabled = false when the character enters the trigger, then animation.enabled = true when the scene has switched.

Now I just wonder how I would apply that on a global scale (for every single animation in a scene), and should I just attach the script for this to every individual scene changer? Is there a simpler method, like writing a script that adds this function on to every scene changer automatically?
  • You could change the code of the scene changer component to find all Animation components in the scene and disable them.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, thanks for the suggestion! I'll try that.

Just curious before I do though, would changing that code cause any problems with installing future ORK updates?
  • Well, ORK will remove your changes and you'd have to recompile the code with your custom changes again. E.g. use git or any kind of merging tool to combine the new ORK version with your changes if you don't want to do it manually each time :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!