Howdy Faithful ORK and Makinom Users:

Only if you want too, please reply here with the following info...

1) What version of Unity3d do you currently develop with? (version and Free/Plus/Pro/Enterprise)
2) What 3rd Party Assets do you primarily use? (Besides ORK and Makinom)
3) What type of computer and/or mobile device do you use?
4) Which version of ORK do you use? (Free/Paid/None)
5) Which version of Makinom do you use? (Free/Paid/None)
6) What type of game/program are you developing? (RPG, Shooter, etc)

I am asking these questions out of curiosity basically.

Here would be my answers:

1) Unity 5.35f1-- Free
2) too many to list but skele, space for unity, dialogue system for unity, shader forge to name a few.
3) 8 gig ram, hp i-7, 1 tb hd, gtx 750?, ipad mini
4) ORK - Paid 2.7.2 ?
5) Makinom - Paid 1.4.2 ?
6) rpg with grid battles once its done.

Thanks for any answers you all wish to give...
Have a nice day!
  • edited July 2016
    1) What version of Unity3d do you currently develop with? (version and Free/Plus/Pro/Enterprise)
    I work with the most current and free--I used to use Pro but they upped the price and there are a lot of really good games in the Apple store made with free.

Mr. Necturus and Protofactor for monsters.
    Gaia
    Manufaktura 4K for dungeons and other assets.
    I pay Sylon of Redshift in Hungary for 2d art. He's very good, not inexpensive.
    Kalemona for particle effects.

I'll come back to edit this because I don't have Unity open right now and there are so many.

Mac El Capitan
    iPad mini

Paid

Paid

RPG

I have to mention that I am currently starting to develop my game side by side in the Unreal Engine as well as Unity after Unity's latest fiasco with the forum which almost 1776 of us lived through and got them to roll back from a nightmare. : ) You might feel differently about this but it taught me the lesson to have a backup engine. I wish gamingislove would consider developing for Unreal. Just a wish. My eyesight has still to recover from the new Unity forum that is now at least for awhile the old Unity forum. Everything was so broken with no warning it would happen.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • 1) What version of Unity3d do you currently develop with? (version and Free/Plus/Pro/Enterprise)

Free version, currently still on 5.3.4.

Visual Studio 2015
    Gaia (and Backwoods Gaming stamp packs)
    Opsive Third Person Controller
    Motion Controller
    Grab Yer Assets
    3D Forge Village Exteriors & Interiors Kits
    Rewired
    Movement Animset Pro
    Neatwolf's MEGA FX Packs
    Cinematic Effects pre-release
    Tenkoku Dynamic Sky

I intend to add Behavior Designer to the list once I've finished integrating TPC with ORK.

Dell 15" Notebook: Core i5-6300HQ 2.3GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1TB Hybrid HDD
    Nexus 5 (Android) phone

Paid.

RPG. I've got 2 or 3 different concepts that I could go with. Leaning heavily towards a Gothic style game using ORK and Opsive Third Person Controller.
    My eyesight has still to recover from the new Unity forum that is now at least for awhile the old Unity forum. Everything was so broken with no warning it would happen.
    I hear you. That new forum was an utter disaster. I cannot understand how it passed any sort of usability testing. Five minutes of reading on there was causing me serious eyestrain.
  • 1) What version of Unity3d do you currently develop with? (version and Free/Plus/Pro/Enterprise)
    Unity Pro 5.3.5f1 perpetual since Unity 3, this is the last one for me when updates run out.

Unity Asset Store Paid Assets: Too many to list, but my primary ones are:
    ProGrids and ProBuilder Advanced
    Gaia
    UniStorm
    Mr Necturus models and animations
    Playmaker
    Simle RPG Camera
    Cartoon FX Pack 1, 2, 3 ( Jean Moreno )
    Zerano's Ui packs
    NGUI
    Tons of Free textures and normal maps from Nobiax
    Mega Cartoon Pack

Non-Unity Assets:
    Kenney Asset Pack www.Kenney.nl
    Jasc Paintshop Pro 7 with Nvidia Texture tools
    Adobe Creative Cloud ( Photoshop CC, Fuse )
    Blender ( currently learning )
    3ds max 2010 ( so familiar with it, need to transition to Blender )
    Poser Pro 2014 ( wasted money )
    Algorithmic Substance Painter and Designer, Bitmap2Material 3 ( got it cheap on Steam )
    SpeedTree Modeler for Unity
    Ultimate Unwrap 3d unwrap3d.com
    Visual Studio 2015 community Edition

Homebrew system for design and high end testing, the motherboard and sound card are getting old and need updating.
    Asus M5a97R1 motherboard
    AMD FX-8350 CPU
    32 gigs ddr3 ram
    Soundblaster X-Fi Gamer sound card
    several 1tb hdds 7200 rpm
    running windows 10 64 Home and Ubuntu 15.x for Linux testing

Laptop and lower end pc for mid and low end testing:
    both have windows 7, 10, and Linux for testing, all 64 bit

Ipad mini and LG G5 for ios and android testing

Paid

Paid

Interactive kids games ( puzzles, match the image, math for fun ), text based adventure for kids learning, point and click adventure for kids ( all these tie together and I consider them as one project since assets can be shared etc. ) These are not public releases, and I make 0 money from these, but the payment is knowing an Autistic kid somewhere had fun and learned at the same time.
    ARPG, RPG, and 1st and 3rd shooter in the future which I use ORK and Makinom for.

I have to say and its painful because I have ALOT invested in assets, Unity has really put the slap on my face as a perpetual pro license holder since version 3. First Unity gave most if not all of my pro features to the free version ( its great for free users, I have no gripes for that ) but I paid for features that were made free and was not compensated or discounted anything in return for the loss. Being perpetual, I couldn't just stop paying a subscription and drop to free, I paid in full for every version until current. Then came this new pricing scheme, doubling my price and no end to paying if I choose the subscription, and the features offered are not worth the price for pro. Then there was the Unity forum fiasco...that did it for me. I have transitioned to Unreal for most of my work since this has happened. I worked with Unreal for many years in the past, but it has changed quite a bit and is taking some time to re-orient myself to it. I will continue using Unity until my perpetual license expires, and I will continue to support Gil if he has new products even after that, he has saved me so much time and taught me so much I feel I owe it lol. There is my sad story :)

I'm old and mean...hiss~hiss~
    Chris
  • edited July 2016
    Similar sad story here, Snakebane. I bought a perpetual pro license with Unity 3 then switched to subscription version with 4 but the new license fee is too much for too little. Using Unity free now. And the forum fiasco completely undermined my confidence. Not sure I'll get that back.

Also slowly learning Unreal so I have a backup engine. Only sad thing there is no Unreal version of ORK. I also will continue to use Unity free and ORK as long as I can and continue to support Gil.

Just added Backwood's Games' Gaia stamps, Aquas and Ultimate Fantasy Creator to my list of go to Unity assets.
    Post edited by Catacomber on