So, I've been starting to experiment with scripting in Ork Framework and I'm getting the general idea of how everything works. However, there is one thing that I haven't quite figured out yet: Is there a clean way that I can put scripts on objects (such as characters) that are not listed in the hierarchy window? Do I have to have a separate script look for these objects during runtime and manually add scripts to them?
  • Do you mean that you want to put scripts on prefabs in your project view but not in your scene hierarchy?

If you have the prefab selected in your project view, just drag and drop the script into the blank space at the bottom of the inspector panel. Alternatively, click the Add Component button and browse or search for the script you're looking for.

If you need to put the script on a child object of a prefab (such as on a bone transform of a character's skeleton), you need to do it in the scene view and then drag the prefab back onto itself in the project view to update it.
  • Ah, so it does have to go on the prefabs. Thanks!