I made a Main Menu for my first scene with a Add Dialogue Node with 4 Choices
1.Load Game
2.New Game
3.Options
4.Quit

When choosing Load Game it opens the Load Game Menu as expected.
However when I go to Pick a saved file to load the original Main Menu Add Dialogue Node with the 4 Choices carries over to the loaded game scene.
Is there a way to not have this happen when loading the save games, or at least have this Main Menu Add Dialogue Node with the 4 Choices close right away as soon as the scene loads?
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • Isn't the main menu already closing when you select Load Game?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's what I thought would happen. The Save/Load Menu closes but the Main Menu Screen carries over to the loaded scene and the really weird thing is that if you click on any of the buttons 1.Load Game 2.New Game 3.Options 4.Quit it closes it without doing anything.
    My set up is very similar to this Main Menu except my Save Game Node isn't connected back up to the Main Menu.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • I think I figured it out.
    I just added a Game State Check to the Tick machine that brings up the Main Menu.

Set Condition type to Game State
    Set Game State to Changing Scene
    Set Check State to Inactive

This seems to solve this issue.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Why is the main menu started by a tick machine? Usually you'd use an auto machine for that - or, if you want to bring it up on a button press, an interaction machine.

The tick machine will most likely just start the main menu again since it ended after Save Game Menu step, while still being in the old scene.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yep once again that totally solved it!
    Thank you soo so much GIL!
    Portfolio - My Website