edited August 2016 in ORK Support
Quick question, after my quest is finished i still have it in my log (quest screen) i just "Remove Quest" within the event or i lose later in game that i might need it as a requirement (finished quests) ? Is there any other way to remove it from this Quest Screen or move it to a "finished quests" screen?

Also, is there a way to call a variable from text? ( to make the NPC say Hello playerName etc. )

thank you.
Post edited by dlevel on
  • one more question

I have a Shovel and a Pick on my character (not visible) how can i enable them in an event and the make them not visible again. I found the Visible Object etc on events but i didnt have any luck make it work.
  • edited August 2016
    On your second question, did you also do the child path to the object?

For example
    body/right_hand/shovel
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • that might be the problem, i just did player/shovel not the whole path. will try
  • No luck, i m using the Object Visible event node.
  • Can you post a pic of the player whole path to the shovel and a pic of the object visible node?
  • edited August 2016

Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited August 2016
    Ah, the problem is because you disabled the shovel and the pick. You need to use the Activate Object node instead of the object visible node.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • In response to your question--

Also, is there a way to call a variable from text? ( to make the NPC say Hello playerName etc. )

Yes there is but I forgot what it is so maybe someone else can help. : )
  • The Quest menu screen part has settings to define which quests will be displayed - i.e. you can simply not display finished quests by disabling Add Finished in the Quest Box Settings.

As for the NPC dialogue - you can use text codes for that. When editing texts, you can display more text code options by clicking on More, e.g. you can add the name of an actor in the text, or the values from game variables.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @Shadow_Fire thank you! that works... is there any better way to achieve that other than activate/deactivate the pick/shovel?

@GIL yeap i didnt see that because i was still using the Quest Log menu screen. Thank you.
  • Another method is just to use equipment viewers to show the shovel/pick if the pick/shovel should also be use as attacking tools,
  • yeah i wanted them only for spawning when harvesting etc. so i did it that way :) thank you anyway