edited March 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The next updated will bring (beside lots of bugfixes):
  • Weapons, Armors
    Weapons and armors can change the Material of a renderer assigned to the same game object as the Equipment Viewer.
  • Finding Objects
    Finding a game object in the scene (e.g. for an event actor, navigation marker or custom main menu choice) can now search for an attached component as well. Finds the first or all game objects with the defined component attached.
  • Camera Controls: Mouse
    The built-in Mouse camera control can optionally use a single axis as Zoom Key - use this option if you want to use a scroll wheel.
  • GUI Boxes
    You can now have different text formats for the text, info (e.g. use costs, quantity) and title of a choice
  • Battle Events
    The Death battle event now uses the combatants who attacked the dying combatant as targets. The dying combatant remains the user.
  • Group Targets
    You can now select different group targets for different abilities, ability types, items and item types.
  • Individual Targets
    Work like group targets, but are individual for each combatant. You can have multiple targets for different abilities/items (like the new feature for group targets).
  • Battle Menus
    Actions (e.g. attacks, abilities and items) can be optionally used on a selected group target of individual target.
  • Combatant HUDs
    The new Combatant Origin setting in Combatant type HUD elements (except for shortcuts) allows selecting either the HUD's user, a group/individual target or the last target (of an attack, ability or item) of the user as origin of the status information.
    This enables you to display status informations on selected targets (e.g. name and HP).
  • Move AI
    Advanced status requirements are available for hunting and flee conditions.
  • Interactions
    Trigger Enter and Trigger Exit interactions can now optionally be started by other game objects than the player.
    If an object can start an interaction is checked by name/tag or added components, or both.
  • Damage Types
    The new Damage Types are used to have different animations for damage, critical damage and evasion for abilities and items. Damage types are created in Base/Control and assign the used Animation Types for damage, critical damage and evade (which was previously done in animation types).
    Ability types and item types define the default damage type for all abilities/items of their type, each ability/item can override the default damage type.
  • Crafting Recipes
    Play a success or fail audio clip upon creation (or failed creation).
  • Custom Controls
    You can optionally search/add for components from an objects root (e.g. when the main camera is a child object of the actual controls).
    Also, custom controls can set fields/properties of the control component.
  • Value Checks
    The new not equal check is available throughout the entire framework (e.g. status requirements, distance checks, etc.) :)
  • Animations
    The auto move speed parameter settings allow automatically assigning a combatant's horizontal and vertical speed to float parameters of a Mecanim animator.
  • Status Effects
    The status conditions will now recalculate the formula each time they change a status value - until now, the calculation had only been done once and the value reused.
    Also, the caster of a status effect (e.g. the user of an ability that applies the effect) is now also used for any following calculations as the user (previously the target that was applied with the effect has been used as user and target).
More as it's coming in :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Looking good so far! :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited March 2014
    Could you explain the new Battle Event? I'm a little lost as to what it's doing!

Changing the Material is a pretty genius and useful idea! Might be good for Petrification status effects!
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • My guess would be that the new Battle Event is going to allow things like final revenge attacks when a combatant dies, but that's just one guess. =) There might be more uses too.
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Oh now that you mention it, it does kinda read like that! Thanks. :D
  • edited March 2014
    Also coming:
    • Group Targets
      You can now select different group targets for different abilities, ability types, items and item types.
    • Individual Targets
      Work like group targets, but are individual for each combatant. You can have multiple targets for different abilities/items (like the new feature for group targets).
    • Battle Menus
      Actions (e.g. attacks, abilities and items) can be optionally used on a selected group target of individual target.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Good to see the targeting made it in :) Can't wait for this to be released, and thank you very much for implementing entire systems to cover more and more RPG types.
  • edited March 2014
    But wait, there's more :D
    • Combatant HUDs
      The new Combatant Origin setting in Combatant type HUD elements (except for shortcuts) allows selecting either the HUD's user, a group/individual target or the last target (of an attack, ability or item) of the user as origin of the status information.
      This enables you to display status informations on selected targets (e.g. name and HP).
    • Move AI
      Advanced status requirements are available for hunting and flee conditions.
  • Awesome! :D

Would I be correct in thinking that it would allow me to display the name via HUD of the most recently damaged combatant by the player?
  • No, but I've added an additional Combatant Origin for the last target, so it'll be available in the release :)
  • Woo! Thanks GiL.
  • Additionally:
    • Interactions
      Trigger Enter and Trigger Exit interactions can now optionally be started by other game objects than the player.
      If an object can start an interaction is checked by name/tag or added components, or both.
  • Even better! :D

Can't wait.
  • Well, that's pretty darn useful, my friend. ;]
  • Agree with the others. That''ll be very useful. Awesome updates, GiL.
  • Also new:
    • Damage Types
      The new Damage Types are used to have different animations for damage, critical damage and evasion for abilities and items. Damage types are created in Base/Control and assign the used Animation Types for damage, critical damage and evade (which was previously done in animation types).
      Ability types and item types define the default damage type for all abilities/items of their type, each ability/item can override the default damage type.
    The old damage, critical damage and evade animation types will automatically be loaded into the first damage type when updating, so your previous settings will work out of the box :)