edited November 2013 in ORK Support
Not sure if this is a bug, or if I just to need to set part of it up differently.

I've added an animation step to the simple dialogue from Tutorial 4, between Start and the Show Dialogue node. If the event is set to Interact, it works as expected: upon pressing Enter, the animation on the player plays and continues to loop while the dialogue is displayed, and ends when the dialogue box is closed.

But if I set the event to trigger enter (which I'm going to want to do in general to make the game mobile-friendly), the animation does not play, it just jumps to the dialogue box instead, and the player's default idle animation is looping instead (the usual when the player is at rest). I disabled the show dialogue box to see if the animation when play then, but it still did not. I also tried toggling both Wait, & Wait Between but no effect. The event is definitely getting triggered, as the npc turns to face player, etc. I also tried playing the animation directly with a Legacy Animation node instead of Combatant Animation, but this had no effect. Animation just won't play unless I switch back to an Interact event.

Bug or I need to do something differently?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • This really depends on your animation setup (e.g. layers) and what animation you want to play. The auto animation of the movement may stop the animation you want to play, because the combatant is currently stopping when activating the event.

Adding a Wait step before playing the animation should solve this, e.g. 0.1 second should be enough.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah, that makes sense. A 0.1 second Wait step did the trick. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.