I'm having a very strange issue that must be something stupid I'm doing, but I can't work out what.

When a battle (turn based, initiated by contact with an enemy from a Combatant Spawner) is over and Collect Battle Gains runs in the battle end event, the player is getting an extra copy of the money the enemy combatant was carrying. Only double money, not double items.

Example: I set the enemy Start Inventory to be 7 money and 1 health potion, with Loot Origin set to Start Inventory. After battle the player gets 14 money and 1 health potion. If I have the same Start Inventory but set Loot Origin to be a Loot Table of 100 money then the player gets 107 money.

It looks like I've got an extra 'give the player money' step somewhere, but I can't work out where. I only have one currency defined, with an Exchange rate of 1. I've definitely only got one Collect Battle Gains in my simple Battle End script.

Any suggestions as to where to look? Thanks.
  • Yep, that's a bug - the start inventory money is added to the loot in any case (twice when using the start inventory as loot).
    I'll fix this in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks - glad it's not me going crazy!