edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I'm trying to create an ability such that when a status effect is on a user, all abilities used on him which damaged HP will now damage MP. The way I thought to implement this is to make all damage abilities hit both MP and HP, then use a formula that checks whether the status effect is active or not, to multiply the damage by 0 or 1. However, I'm not sure how to pass a value to this formula representing the damage I want it to do for each damage ability, and I'd rather not have a different formula for each ability since there's a very large set of them. Any ideas on these issues?
Post edited by Juryiel on
  • Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like all you need is to use the Efficiency box under Abilities->Target Changes->Status Value Changes to multiply the results of your basic damage formulas according to the strength of each ability.
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • That's not a bad idea. That would mean the 'efficiency' defines the actual damage, and so I would lose the intended efficiency functionality, but I don't think I need it. I also thought of using the attributes to get it to work (e.g. doing damage to both MP and HP, but setting MP and HP damage to different attack attributes, then having the status effect change the attribute). I'll try these methods and see how they work.
  • No, the efficiency setting can't be used for that, since it doesn't check for any conditions.

The formula solution should work, but you can't pass a start value to a formula to calculate with - you'll have to create a formula for each ability, unless you're using a base damage calculation for multiple abilities, in that case you can use the efficiency setting to manipulate the damage for different abilities.

Another solution would be to use Attack Attributes. Add the target change for both HP and MP and use different attack attributes for them (e.g. named HP Damage and MP Damage).
    Set the attributes of the combatants to have HP Damage of 100 and MP Damage of 0 from the start. The status effect could then give a bonus of -100 to HP damage and 100 to MP Damage.
    Now, the HP wont take damage and the MP will take damage.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear, but I read the first post as if Juryiel already had a base damage calculation in place and had added a Status Fork to it. So then adjusting Efficiency would just be the final step to complete the idea.

...but yes, Attack Attributes might be a simpler solution after all. =)
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin