edited October 2016 in ORK Support
I have a combatant with ability, that returns 50% of it's damage done back to the user and his party as HP. So a simple 50% lifesteal.
(More precisely, the lifesteal is represented in a passive, but I don't know, how passive should work with active ability.)

Edit : solved the spreading of the lifesteal from user to allies by using Changes Status Effect node so that one works. But do you think that the formula of my lifesteal is correct?

Damage formula is: User atk + power of 2 / target def

Lifesteal formula: Initial value=Damage formula / 2
Post edited by Machal on
  • There are options in the ability (status changes) to automatically absorb damage, but that's only for the user absorbing it.

If you want to do this for the whole group, you'd need to use the event system.

The formula looks correct for 50 % :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2016
    The absorb damage sounds good, it works fine with the numbers, just don't know how to spread absorb effect to all allies, because I'm using status effect with absorb 50% damage. :)

So I've finally createad a passive ability with that absorb status effect. Tried to use "Add Temporary Ability" in Battle events to all allies, but they don't profit from it...I think that it's because I'm using Calculate node, that works between User and Target, so I have to find other solution...

When I replace Calculate node with "Use Ability Calculation" then I can define 'All Allies' as users, but then they all do also damage to the target...

Edit: Looks like I've managed to solve it with 'Change Status Value' node, which has my lifesteal formula in it. Still would like to know the how to get it work with the absorb effect too... :)
    Post edited by Machal on
  • You can't, because the ability damage absorbing stuff is for the user only, not for the whole group :)
    Doing it in the battle event with a Change Status Value node is currently the only way.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!