• ORK Framework 2.9.0 is here: release notes
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's awesome. Can't wait to check out your raycast targeting amongst other things.
    j0hnbane
    youtube.com/j0hnbane
  • Also, the ORK-Makinom connection plugin has been updated.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Fantastic; I was just about to come and ask if the plugin had been updated!

Thanks as always for the fantastic updates, GiL.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Fantastic update, Gil! And thanks again @Bantichai for the sponsored features. Real great adds all around.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Here's a new how-to on the new research system.
  • Thanks, Gil! Before I update Unity to 5.5--is this compatible or should I stick with 5.4? Thanks.
  • I haven't tried it yet - based on the change list, I'd recommend sticking to Unity 5.4 for the time being.
  • I have not run with any problems on 5.5 with ORK. It did get Unity API Auto-Updater message but all seems to work fine.
  • Unity 5.5 moved the NavMesh stuff into a new namespace, i.e. if you're using any NavMesh options in ORK, you'll probably get errors.

I'll most likely release a small update (ORK 2.9.1) tomorrow to add Unity 5.5 compatibility, i.e. Unity 5.4 will no longer be supported.
  • edited December 2016
    gamingislove said: already available through it's Y-position in the world.

Hmm. Well I'm basically thinking Final Fantasy Tactics. Where some characters can only jump up a certain amount of tiles. Certain attacks also hit all tiles of a certain height, making height play into the range of attacks, or using height as a modifier for damage etc.

If such functionality could be implemented I most likely wouldn't mind pitching in and paying for it!
    Post edited by BlankMauser on
  • @Catacomber Thanks for asking that >.>

I got all giddy with 5.5 offerings, holy cow.. new compiler, GC, particle systems, etc OH MY... almost did the button press.
    j0hnbane
    youtube.com/j0hnbane
  • @jOhnbane-- you're welcome. Just read the Unity forum first--under Announcement in case any known glitches would affect you. It is a great update but as usual there are some things that could cause a headache.

@gil---thanks for the updates! I'll wait until you update ORK to download the new Unity.
  • I updated already and ork stopped functioning. I moved the folder and re-downloaded ORK and it worked.

but i always jump and download updates... i need to pay more attention before something really breaks
  • Thank you for the improvements to system performance while editing large battle grids! I'm experimenting with a 100x100 grid right now, and my computer used to not be able to handle something even close to that size.