edited March 2014 in ORK Support
Hi,

I have the quest working great! Its great!
My question is more about the change variable and what it is doing?
Where does the BP_Quest" word come from and how is it being used ?
Same goes for the search and found? Everything is working :) , I am just not sure how those are playing a part in the process.

Thank you
Post edited by gamingislove on

• BP_Quest is just a name I've come up with. It's the name (or key) of the game variable that is used to remember the status of the quest.
    The status of the quest is defined by the value of the game variable, e.g. search or found.

When adding quests, you need a method to remember the current status, e.g. the quest started, you've done X, the quest is finished, etc.
    This is done using Game Variables, which consist of a key (name) and a value. The key is used to find/check the variable, the value is to see what it's state is.

E.g.:
    - key: Quest_A
    - value: started
    Can mean that quest A has been started. Now you can base other events (e.g. dialogues with NPCs) on this game variable condition to change them to be quest related, and change the quests state again.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Perfect! Thank You!