Hello! I downloaded Makinom and was trying it out for more generalized games. I had two questions, one being a bug I can't debug at the moment, and another for separate NPC movement.

1) I set up a new schematic for a dialogue cutscene, and the dialogue boxes occasionally flicker between two positions. It's briefly at one position, and then at the position I specified.

In the video, the boxes with TEST 2, TEST 4, and the final middle TEST message flicker.

2) The second I have is about movement for an NPC. I'm handling it right now as the following:
- there's a schematic that moves the object left, then waits, then right, then waits, and cycles through that
- I put this schematic on a tick machine
- I also have an interaction machine that triggers the schematic in the video, but I also want this to temporarily pause the movement tick machine

How would I temporarily pause the movement tick machine or is there a better way to handle NPC movement?

Thank you very much! Let me know if you need any more details or pictures and whatnot! :D
  • 1) Can you post some details on your settings of the used GUI box that flickers? Are you using the open/close box behaviour settings?

2) There's currently no way to pause a running machine - stop yes, but not pausing. You could achieve this by changing the timescale to 0 using a Change Time Scale node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1) Open/close box settings are disabled at the moment. Besides the pictures I don't believe anything else has changed.
    http://imgur.com/a/NwsoS

2) I'll try that - thanks!
  • Are you using the new UI or the legacy GUI?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using the new UI with the same content box prefab for both message types