Basically I have all my buttons set up, what is required in the profile is:

- Account profile picture in the top left corner (waiting for ORK update for clickable HUD's, which can show you portraits and Account level) which will probably fix that?

- Energy resource as a cost for each battle, that will be increased by 1 with every account level.
E.g. starting energy for level 1 account is 50. We need to have leveling account (let's say that every battle will give the account 1% progress).
Will be shown in top left corner.

- Gem resource for premium monsters that will be shown in the top right corner under energy,

- Gold resource.

I know there is currency in ORK, just want to ask more experienced people before doing something wrong on my own, if it can be applied for a whole "Account"?

So in this case Energy + Gems should be created same way as Gold? In that case I could add somewhere in the Battle Component that every battle should cost Energy etc...

All ideas are welcome,

Machal :)

• edited November 2016
    Hm, you can handle gems and energy either using currency or game variables. If a battle costs energy, that's probably best reduced in the battle start event.

You can display the current amout of currency (or value of a game variable) in HUDs (and dialogues, etc.) using text codes. Click on the More button above text areas to display more text code options you can add.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2016
    Ok, thanks for the tip.

Now, Is there also possibility to add flexible player party sizes for different battles?

E.g. we have 4 combatants party for campaign, we would like to have 5's for dungeons, 6's for raids etc...

Post edited by Machal on
  • I can't remember if there is a specific option to change group size in event, but there is surely an option to check the size (i think i myself suggested GiL such a check event): depending on the zone, you can check the group size, if that's is bigger than >4/>5/>6 you could point out to the player that is too big, and he must remove a combatant. I hope it can help you. ^^
  • edited November 2016
    Great input and definitely helpful, although the thing is, in that case I would have to create the general party size for 6 combatants, so if a message points the player that e.g. his 6 player group is too big and he needs to have 4 combatants only to start selected battle, he will have 2 fields blank.

We use Icon representation for combatants selection and if they see 6 fields to form his group and he can pick only 4 of them, sometimes 5, sometimes it lets him 6, players will be fighting pop-up messages more than enemies and they'll get annoyed in long term...

So when the whole player size gets to 4, 5 or 6, so do the input fields for combatants...or am I somewhere wrong?
    Post edited by Machal on
  • There's currently no way for a flexible size of the player's battle group - but you could manually change the setting's value (ORK.GameSettings.maxBattleGroup).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Um, you mean like locate the file and rewriting the value in some script? I'm lame in that, can you briefly explain what is the process please?

• All you need to do is this, e.g. to set the battle group size to 3:
    ORK.GameSettings.maxBattleGroup = 3;
    Put that code in a custom script, e.g. a component that changes performs it in the Start function.
  • Ok, thanks for explanation, I'll report back in case of any issues.
  • edited December 2016
    I've put a Gold currency in "Add loot" node in my "Battle end event", so it now drops for my leader of the group.

Is there a way to make currency global for everyone? Without making gold a global variable?

Especially in the shop, I don't want to swap between tens of combatants to check who's got the gold/gems or any other currency...
    Post edited by Machal on
  • No, currently not. If you're using individual inventories, the currency is also individual per member.
  • edited December 2016
    Hm, I'm using individual equip slots only, so I guess that doesn't count? Should be fine for me then.

The money goes automatically to the battle group leader...Probably in case I would like to sell that combatant, I would lose all the gold?
    Post edited by Machal on
  • If you're using the group inventory, the inventory is bound to the group, not a single combatant, so removing that one combatant doesn't do anything to your inventory or currency :)

You can change the texts for the battle gains in Battle System > Battle End if you don't want to show the name of a combatant for the different items and money you get.
  • edited February 2017
    gamingislove said: All you need to do is this, e.g. to set the battle group size to 3:
    ORK.GameSettings.maxBattleGroup = 3;
    Put that code in a custom script, e.g. a component that changes performs it in the Start function.
    I need a 5 man group size in dungeons and 4 in normal campaigns.

But ORK got some problem with removing the 5th combatant slot when it's already occupied, when the script calls for .maxBattleGroup = 4.

So, I've had to modify all my events to check for group size and then remove the 5th combatant to get the group size adjusted back to 4. It works, but it's really complicated way.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • edited February 2017
    Well, yeah - that's because it's not intended to be changed during gameplay :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on