edited December 2016 in Makinom Support
I found something weird when I tried to change scene.

The Right

-Scenario A, Tested with Ork-
I am in scene Forest. I have a cube with an ork interaction trigger which sent the player to scene World Map. In the scene World Map, I have a cube called TELEPORTER, with an ork interaction trigger on it to sent the player back to scene Forest. Pressing play, starting in scene Forest, when I change scene to scene World Map, change back to scene Forest, back again to scene World Map, everything works great.

The Weird

-Scenario B, Now with Makinom - Scene Forest has the same ork interaction trigger cube as usual. On the same cube TELEPORTER in scene World Map, there is a trigger schematic, and in the schematic I only have one node, the ork game event node, which called the exact ork event as in scenario A to change scene to scene Forest. Pressing play in scene Forest, when I change to scene World Map and back to scene Forest, I noticed that another instance of the TELEPORTER cube that was in Scene World Map is created in the DontDestroyOnLoad section along with the _ork and _makinom objects. When I go to scene World Map again, I now have two TELEPORTER. If I then do the same as the above, go to forest and come back, I now have three TELEPORTER, two of which are in the DontDestroyOnLoad. Repeat and each time another TELEPORTER will just be created again and again in the DontDestroyOnLoad.

The Confused

Me :D
I'm not sure why that is happening.
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Can you send me a small test Unity project with your setup?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Found the issue in the plugin - will be fixed in the next version (coming with ORK 2.9.0).

For now you can solve this by setting the Machine End Action in the trigger machine to Destroy.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks a lot GiL! Can't wait for the awesomeness that is the 2.9.0
  • The new plugin version is available.
  • Thanks for the new plugin!
    But it seems, at least from my end, it is still not working :)
    Ork is 2.9.0 and plugin is 1.0.6.
    I even try setting the Machine End Action in the trigger machine to Destroy, but the cube is still there when I change scene.
  • There seems to still be a small issue on ORK's side, so the update to the plugin didn't solve that, sorry.

Using Destroy in the machine end action should destroy it in any case (and is correctly happening on my end). Alternatively, you could destroy the machine object in the schematic using a Destroy Object node.
  • Maybe I am doing something wrong for the machine end action to not work, but either way, doing as you said and using the Destroy Object seems to do the job for me, so it's all cool. I'll be using this method for now, so it's okay if there is still a small issue.

Since I am on the changing scene topic, I am just curious about something.
    In my ork event I have

Setting ->Load Scene(to world map)->Wait->Object Visible (I want the rock in the world map scene to become invisible)

In the Setting node, I defined an actor with Find Object enabled, Search Type to Name, and the Search Name is Rock.

I used the actor in the Object Visible node to make it invisible, but it seems like the actor is not recognized at all. But if I do this -

Setting ->Load Scene->Wait->Search Objects(I find the rock object) ->Object Visible (Use the key in the Search Objects node)

Then that would make the rock disappear. I'm just curious as to why this is so :)
  • That's because the actors are searched at the start of the event, i.e. since the rock is in the next scene, it can't be found at the start. This can be solved by either using a Re-Find Objects node to search for the actors again, or by using your 2nd method (Search Objects node).
  • Ahh no wonder, so that was the case. Thanks GiL!