...my bone headed mistake.

I had started a new, small, project to play around with mobile. I had a nice start, only 10 hours or so into development. I decided to clean out my Unity project folder of old projects that I didn't want taking up space. Well, I inadvertently deleted my new project thinking it was a different one. And, to top it off, I never made a backup!

Lesson - ALWAYS make a backup. Even you are just playing around. :)

Now, I get to start over. Good thing I have a weeks vacation coming up!
  • I feel your pain, man. I once saved a backup to my USB and just casually threw it somewhere around the house. Got my original in my laptop, so no need to worry, or so I thought. After almost a week later and hours spent on my project, one night I was sleep orking when I woke up to find I had accidentally deleted my project beyond salvaging. Imagine my horror. Took me a whole day and some prayings before I could find my USB again. Now, backups everywhere.
  • Oh man, going to back up right now
  • Try using some external backup - storing on dropbox or even some GIT distribution - so your projects are save even if your house burns down :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Very sound advice, GiL! :D
    Doing that now.
  • I personally use Github :) Its cheap and gives you easy and fast access if you use Gitbash
  • Haven't tried Github before. I'll take a look at that.
  • If you do get Gitbash, I have a script folder and a .bashrc file with helpful Alias's
    I can share with you with some bash scripts I wrote to make it much easier to manage.
  • Sorry for you man, i know the feeling. Personally i use external backups (3 disks, i have 60 GB media of my children....), but i must admit i have to learn some version control method.

I hope you can get back to your previous work soon, have a nice day!