edited December 2016 in ORK Support
I try to make a death event look like legend of zelda (e.g check for a certain object in the inventory and revive the player if success) but it doesn't work and calls immediatly Game Over scene even if i put a regenerate step, and in my Game>Game Settings i have no options for game over
Post edited by Tr1nome on
  • In one of my many tests, i think i achieved something like that:
    - use death animation in combatant setting
    - create an event checking if the player has an object, if positive remove the object and revive the character
    - if negative, set game over step
    - assign the event to death animation
    That should work if i remember correctly.
    I hope it helps. ^^
  • I already did this but it still loads the game over scene, i see in tutorials that in game settings we can configure game over and in my editor i don't have
  • Okay problem solved i used 2.9 and downgrading to 2.8 gave me back those options (by the way 2.9 removes statistic settings and game over settings) maybe it's happening only to me
  • Actually, i tried to set it up as i said and the Game Over settings aren't there for me too... Let's wait for GiL response. ^^
  • Downgrading to 2.8 made the trick for the editor but i stil lcan't revive my character, i made all the steps : Check item in inventory>Revive>Regenerate>Mecanim Animation (trigger revive) . Then my character can't move since he's still marked as dead..
  • edited December 2016
    Well i tried everything doesn't seem to work, so it could be a feature request for next releases : An object that can regenerate our character after death automatically

I'm using real time battle by the way
    Post edited by Tr1nome on
  • Settings not being displayed is a bug and will be fixed in the next update.

I'll also add a new node to cancel a combatant's death in the death event. I.e. if you want a combatant's death to be prevented, you'd use the new node to prevent the combatant dying and being removed from battle after the event, but you'll still have to change the Consumable status value that caused the death, otherwise the combatant will just die again :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!