So I m having trouble with 2 things in my inventory UI,

https://postimg.org/image/hc4h4btlb/

1) As seen in the photo, with the blue circle, I'm trying to put the gold there as information, the problem is that when i add a menu part on my inventory, i have to choose another GUIBox, so basically my question is how i do that in the same Box as the inventory.

ignore the red circle.

Thank you
  • I don't think it's possible to do it on one GUI box. I had to do it by putting the coin display in its own GUI box on a layer above the one that the main inventory panel is on.

I found that I could do a lot more when I gave up on the idea of having draggable UI panels (which obviously acts on the level of a single GUI box).
  • Yeah the draggable UI its kinda useful, but if its not possible to do it in one GUI box as you said then i might have to find alternatives
  • Also another question for Item Boxes,

https://postimg.org/image/ldm4nn02n/

I'm trying to have the take all and exit button in an other position than just a choice (i want to have take all button down in the center, and exit button in a X icon), i tried the own use of ok/cancel button option in GUI Box but doesnt work.

So in general how we can move this option buttons wherever we want?

Thank you
  • You can somewhat fake this by having the different parts you want in 1 GUI box in separate boxes without showing a background box (i.e. just displaying the content) and place them where you want the info to be. I.e. multiple GUI boxes would look like 1.
    You can use GUI layers to ensure that the other GUI boxes are always above the one with the actual box.

As for the 2nd issue, you can use the Position choice mode in the GUI box to place the first 2 choice buttons where you need them, the rest will be displayed in list mode.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2017
    for the 2nd issue, it's kinda hard to just add an X on top right to close the windows, if you add position for the first element to place it upper right of the window (and change icon to X) is a valid method but then you have to change the box padding to be in the corners, that means that the rest of the choices that will be in list the will be just down from there and not in good position with the windows (i mean if you have graphics etc that takes a part of the windows).

Is it hard that we have an option on GUIBoxes for a close window choice, that it will be different than the other choices, and we just put the icon we need for X or whatever.

I might asking a lot, but there is some things that will make our life easier, and if it's not that big hustle for you would be nice. We love the updates for all the other stuff, and new grid battles etc, but there is some basic stuff on New UI for example, and Controls that will benefit all the styles of this awesome framework.

From my starting experience with this Framework my 2 main problems after 1.5 year on and off was the inventory at start, and controls, and i see many ppl struggling with those 2 matters when they start this framework, and implementing other assets for these matters is not that easy for the people that buying this framework (not scripting experts).

Thank you and respect GIL!
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Well, I don't see controls as a real problem for ORK - because that's not really ORK's cup of tea. Yes, there are some basic controls included to get you started, but if you need more than that, you'll need to use custom controls.
    ORK is mainly an RPG background system to manage your stats, items and battle, the rest is just icing on the cake :)

As for UI additions, I'm always open for adding new features - however these things tend to be a lot of work and can cause a lot of things to break. E.g. a simple close button in the GUI box needs to be considered in all places GUI boxes is used (i.e. dialogues, menus, HUDs), should the button be displayed there, what happens if it's pressed - like closing the type box in an inventory screen could break the whole menu :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2017
    Sent you an e-mail asking for custom work about these things, I will then consider funding some of them myself and going for group buys, it depends on the price :)

Thank you :)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Yep. If Ork and its Gui Editor could be more new uGui friendly and Ork directly support more cell-based inventory and drag n drop ui that would be fantastic...
  • edited January 2017
    What I asked GIL is Fields, so you can have a GUIBox cut in fields, so when you go to a menu screen for example you create the GUIBox name CharacterBox and you create 3 Fields in it. you can choose for inventory to use the CharacterBox Field2 and for Equipment the CharacterBox Field1 (so you can have both in 1) and in the CharacterBox Field3 you can have your gold etc. And you can define the size and place of the fields in GUIBox.

Also an editor for New UI like it is in Legacy and more refined for New UI. Plus some gimmicks like the close windows etc.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Agreed... ;)
  • Duffer said: Yep. If Ork and its Gui Editor could be more new uGui friendly and Ork directly support more cell-based inventory and drag n drop ui that would be fantastic...
    Is there some difficulty in implementing drag and drop from inventory to equipment slots? I was just considering a Diablo-like setup where you'd display inventory and equipment at the same time (in separate GUI boxes) and drag inventory icons over. Should I hold off on this idea for now?
  • I'd be very interested in the reply or replies to this...
  • @SilverFlame
    Drag and drop between equipment and inventory menu is possible out of the box. All you need to do is enable the settings in the menu parts (i.e. enable dragging).
  • I'm going to piggy-back off of this thread since my question deals with inventory:

We can setup a sub-menu to show buttons such as Use, Drop, Remove, etc. I've set the menu to display when the Accept button is pressed and this works just fine.
    My question, how do I get the sub-menu to display on mobile? I don't have an accept key there :)

I thought about it for some time and can't seem to come up with a way to do so. Currently, I have a HUD of type Control with a set of buttons that I use to bring up the various menu screens like: character, equipment, inventory, main menu, etc. Thought I could do something similar and show an ACTION button when an inventory item is selected. Just can't figure out how to display it when the inventory window is active.
  • If your sub menu is using the accept key, a click/touch on the item should also bring up the sub menu. At least it does so in my quick test :D