I was wondering if this could be done using the Events system in ORK.
I tried using Waypoints and Prefabs but its not working when the player enters. I am not sure if ORK does this but I just thought...Wow what if I could create switches and doors open etc...With Events.

Is this possible? :)

If so...ummm a Basic Example of maybe a Open and Close event would be great! :P

• For simple animation and movement stuff like opening doors I use iTween. Have a look on the asset store (it's free) it's super handy for stuff like this.
    You can then attach your iTween sliding behaviour to your door and then in the ORK interact event you should be able to invoke the iTween play command to trigger it :).
  • Sure, the event system can handle that - I'll do a gameplay tutorial on this topic soon.

For starters:
    - use the door as an actor (e.g. if the event is on the door, simply use the event object)
    - to move the door, either use a waypoint in your scene to move to, or simply move the door into a direction

Some hints on the event objects:
    - Actors are already in your scene, you can use some predefined things (e.g. the event object, player, camera, ...) or search for them by name/tag. Additionally, you can set them up to just drop a game object from the scene on them in the inspector
    - Waypoints, like actors, are also already in your scene and can be searched for or dropped on the inspector.
    - Prefabs are used to spawn new things into your scene, you can either add them to the event directly or add them later in the inspector to use different prefabs for the same event without changing the event itself.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2014
    Nice! Looking forward to that and I will try it again. :)
    Post edited by gameintern on