edited January 2017 in Makinom Support
Hi Guys

For the last few days I've been trying to get my head around creating a points counter in Makinom.
Im trying to have a point counter start when the player is in a certain area, and stop when the player leaves the area.

Would anybody have any advice on
1: Creating a skimatic that counts from 0 upwards rapidly over time
2: Turning the final number into a variable which can be displayed on the HUD

Right now I am using ''change value'' nodes to change a local variable but I cant seem to get it to count correctly - it does one sum once then stops.

Thank very much for the amazing program!
Post edited by Donemix on
  • After a few more hours I figured it out. Here is what I done.

Using an int. object variable on my player named 'Points' I set up a collider with a trigger machine.

Once inside the collider a schematic runs with

''Change Variable''
    Variable Key: Points / Value
    Variable Origin: Object
    Object: Starting Object
    Type: Int
    Operator Add
    Value: (1)
    Math Function: Sum

Very simple in the end - I was experiencing problems by trying to use global variables.

Thanks for amazing software!
  • Change Math Function to None. In your setup, Sum doesn't do anything and is most likely not what you want.

The Sum math function will sum up every whole number from 1 to the defind value. I.e. in your case, it's just 1, but if you'd have e.g. value 3, it'd be 1+2+3=6.

Since you just want to add 1 to the counter, you don't need a math function and just add (operator) 1 (value).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the tip!