I've got a HUD Type: Combatant that is displaying enemy info when the Status Requirement "Is In Action" is met. That part is working fine. What I'd like to do is to call this HUD again when the mouse hovers over the enemy or when selecting an ability target. A sort of always-active "Grid Examine" functionality is almost precisely what I'm trying to achieve (this is for a grid battle by the way). Any advice on this?
Post edited by SilverFlame on
  • Well, I sort of solved it by adding another Status Requirement to look for an inventory item and then adding the item when I click on the target. Adding and removing underpants doesn't seem like the ideal way to implement this, however; maybe there is a better way.
  • If your combatant HUD is set to use the Individual combatant type, you can use the Cursor Over option to show the HUD when hovering the mouse over it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It was set to Group type but I'm still unable to get it to work for some reason. I removed the Status Requirements and made sure my Battle Component sphere collider isn't getting in the way of raycasts, but when I hover the cursor over the enemies I get nothing. In Battle System > Battle Settings > Individual Target Settings I've got a Target Cursor prefab set up to let me know that when I click a combatant it is at least registering.
  • edited January 2017
    OK - I figured it out: For some reason my combatant prefabs were all set to "Transparent FX" Layer. I am using the downloaded demo and I don't recall ever changing this setting. Thanks for your suggestion, GiL.
    Post edited by SilverFlame on
  • Yeah, the combatant prefabs of the demo are set to that for the drop shadow :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think it's an error: only the child object "blob shadow projector" needs to be set to TransparentFX but not the whole prefab.