Hi Gil,

do you have any quick useful advice, before I loose my mind with Google Play Services? :)

We are creating a mobile game, that will use the Google Play Game services. In this case we want to use ORK savegame to be sent to google cloud server, because when the player deinstalls the game, or buys a new phone, it should automatically load his game on the new device, using his google account (or Apple account as well).

Has anybody tried this? What would be the quickest approach here? I have spent several hours researching without success.

Thank you very much in advance,
SaVe
  • ORK's save game is pretty much an XML formatted string/text - so as long as the google/apple service supports storing that, you could do that by changing this in ORK's SaveGameHandler class (which currently saves/loads using files or player prefs).

How to save and load that to the service - no idea, but I bet there's a documentation about this somewhere :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2017
    Allright GiL,

so we have Makinom + ORK + saving set to file. What we need is to use Makinom to take the data and somehow copy/store??? it on Our Server as a backup. And also load it when the game starts.

Haven't found anywhere tutorials about how to get the data on a server and then access them, can you please help us out?

Post edited by Machal on
  • It's the same for Makinom - save games are in an XML formatted string/text. You'll need to implement this in the SaveGameHandler class in Makinom.

I can't really help you with how to get your data to your server. I don't think that Unity provides any functionality for that (other than for their own UNet stuff), so you'll have to look for some C# tutorials on that (e.g. on MSDN). Keep in mind that how to communicate with your server largely depends on the server ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Right,

we need custom scripts to move the file between server and save directory. Thanks for reply and tips, appreciated.