edited February 2017 in ORK Support
So I m trying to make a Move AI for a companion follower (Real Time battles). And i see the Stop Hunt option, and i would like to know how this works.

What I'm trying to do is to have a follower attacking only if I (the leader) attacks first, so he will not engage in fights i want to skip.

Is that Stop Hunt what it does? or it doesn't attack at all?

edit: and one more question, if I spawn a combatant from an event and not from the Combatant Spawner (from wizard in scene) how could I use waypoints ?
Post edited by dlevel on
  • Stop Hunt will prevent the move AI from using hunt mode while following the leader - i.e. once the combatant isn't following the leader (e.g. when getting into range to stop following), hunting is available again.

Also, it's crucial to keep in mind that the move AI has nothing to do with the battle AI, i.e. the combatant's battle AI (e.g. when using real time battle areas) can still attack enemies while following the leader.

You could somewhat have better control over this by changing the move AI of the combatants (e.g. using the event system). This can also be used to prevent the battle AI from doing stuff (e.g. setting a global variable and using it in a battle AI to do nothing).

Spawning from event, it's not possible to add waypoints. You could use a disabled combatant spawner with the setup you need in your scene and use the event to enable it (using it as an actor assigned in the inspector).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2017
    About the combatant spawner. The way i use it right now is that i let the player spawn as many combatants as he likes ( buy buying them ) and then interact with them and have them do stuff like go chop trees etc. so if i could have waypoints after spawing the combatants from the event and have them go to a tree (randomly from 4-5 locations) and chop it would be ideal. Any way to do that with the event editor?

The way you describe it with the combatant spawner it means i will spawn the combatant from the dpawner but i cannot spawn an other one again, or as many as the player would like to hire, is that correct or ma i missing something?
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Well, I still don't think that using combatants for this is the best solution. Anyway, you don't have to use the move AI for this.

E.g. you could just use an event that moves the worker somewhere (e.g. to a tree), using NavMesh or whatever method you want. If this should happen when the worker is spawned, add it as an autostart event interaction to the worker's prefab.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2017
    The way i have it is kinda all around combatant, because that way i change the move AIs of the compatant to do many things.

For example i can make him a follower or change him to a defender or worker. It would be a nice feature to be able to have waypoints for the combatants because this way you can make them do many things instead of only have them as workers with move combatant node.

So it would be ideal if we could have waypoints per move AI, it opens many doors :)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • I'll add an event node to set waypoints for move AIs :)
  • GIL...........you are awesome once again :) and ORK will be on credits when the game is out be sure about that!