Ok so I'm just playing around with Makinom trying to get a simple Mario-like character controller and I'm hitting a wall here.
I have a simple move Tick machine on the player that was made with one Move Node but how can I get the player to jump normally.

Right now for jumping I have a second Tick machine on the player made with a Check Input Key Jump, Check on Ground, and Move into Direction Nodes but when I go to jump the player jumps up normally but then floats down, and while floating down I can still move the player in air. I just want a simple Super Mario 64 like character controller where jump is up then down or up and down in the moving direction, no floating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
=]
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • edited February 2017
    There's a basic player control schematic for moving and jumping available.

Usually this would be handled by a single tick machine that handles the controls and movement. The example shows the basic idea, e.g. separating how the control works based on being on the ground or in the air.

How the player is moved and jumps largely depends on what components you use, e.g. when using rigidbody (and gravity), the falling down could automatically be handled by physics :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • As always Gil thank you so much,
    I totally forgot you had that tutorial there. I'll have to try both component ways since I'm just tinkering with character ideas at the moment.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • edited February 2017
    OK I got it to work!!!! Thank You!!!!

Now I made some elevators for the player to be mounted on when jumped on.

What's the best way to make a simple elevator mount player schematic?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    =]
    Post edited by relenting_1 on
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Best using 2 trigger machines on the elevator:
    - Trigger Enter for mounting the player to the elevator
    - Trigger Exit for unmounting the player from the elevator
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Works like a charm!
    Thanks again GIL!!! =]
    Portfolio - My Website