edited March 2017 in ORK Support
Ist Level I have Four Gemstone Prefabs to pickup with a Quest using an Event Interaction attached to each of the four Gems, and also have a VARIABLE CONDITION on each Event Interaction..e.g.

VARIABLE: Gem_Quest (string) is Valid (ticked) String Value = “search”.

At the Start of the Scene the Gems are Invisible. When the Quest Giver asks if the Player will
Take the Quest, and the answer is yes, then the Variable Gem_Quest is altered to “search” and the Gems are now Visible.

However this scenario will not work on my second level, I have three Prefabs for CRAFTING
Each Item is placed in the scene using the same process as in the first level, with a different Variable of course, but although these Crafting Prefabs are Invisible at the start of the scene, changing the Variable does not make them Visible, as it does in the first scene.

I have made sure that all the settings are exactly the same as in Scene 1, and I cannot understand why it will not work !!.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Post edited by ozziedave on
  • Just having the variable condition on the event interaction doesn't make them visible or invisible, this has to actively be done in an event (e.g. the one starting the quest).

When using Auto Destroy, the game objects will be destroyed on scene load when the condition isn't valid. Also, if the game objects are disabled, they can only be enabled by an event that uses them as actor (selected in the inspector of the event, because Unity can't find disabled game objects).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi Gil,
    Would you be able to show me how I can have an Item to be picked up, that will not
    be visible until a Certain Quest has been Initiated, if at all possible.

Many Thanks
  • If activating the quest and the item are not in the same scene, you can do it the usual way (i.e. having the conditions on the item).

If both are in the same scene, you'll have to do an extra step, i.e. either spawning the item/prefab in the event that activates the quest, or having the item disabeld and enabling it in the event that activates the quest.

Spawning the item is pretty simple - just make it a prefab and spawn the prefab with the event.

Enabling the item requires it to be disabled in the scene. Add an Object actor to the quest event that has Event Object disabled and doesn't use Find Object. This allows you to select the actor's game object in the inspector of the event interaction. The event simply enables the game object (Activate Object node).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Many Thanks, Solved with Spawning the Items as you suggested.