I haven't found any Makinom tutorials for this function.

I have a character I want to have move forward to a specific distance upon key press

( The distance is determined by an empty game object placed in front of Player which is attached to the prefab, so it is always in front regardless of character direction) . Like it was charging forwards.

In ORK this is done with Change position and works OK however this causes my character to go through walls.

From what I've read online, I need to use Rigidbody MovePosition and that is available in Makinom.

I'm doing now is an Ork event for the Keypress and calling (plugin) a Makinom machine to run schematic with the Rigidbody Move Position. However it doesn't work, no errors, no movement forward. I can't see where it doesn't work as the console output isn't working for some reason.

Are there any tutorials about using Makinom and Rigidbody Move Position?

Thanks

ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • You can also use Makinom's Change Position node for this, using the Rigidbody move component settings.
    Make sure you're using the correct game object with a correctly set up rigidbody component.

I'd need more details on your schematic to give more advice.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2017
    At the moment I'd like to try it through Ork, here is my setup.

Character has unity default character controller and also my rigidbody component.

Here you'll find the 3 images with info

This is the rigidbody component of my character.
    https://vighorusgames.com/devpublic/Char_Rigidbody01.PNG

This is the overal Ork Event which works fine if I use Change Position (disabled in the image)
    https://vighorusgames.com/devpublic/Ork_Rigidbody.PNG

This is the details of the Ork Event node Add Force. I have tried it will different values and even tried Impulse.
    https://vighorusgames.com/devpublic/Ork_RigidbodyAddForce.PNG
    Post edited by artainx on
  • Your rigidbody is using Freeze Position, i.e. it isn't moved by any force you apply.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've tried with it off also, there is a brief screen flicker but no instant movement forward. Should the rigidbody be on the parent object with the character controller?
  • I'm not sure if character controller and rigidbody movement/force really work that well together ...
  • hmm seems to not work well together as you say. Thanks for the help though :)