Hi everyone
I would like to create action game like DMC,god of war.
I follow the tutorials up to real-time battle[tutorial 34] it not look like real action game it seem like ragnarok.

My question is can I create action games like DMC ,God of war by ORK?
I see everything is nice [abilities system,shop system,equipment...etc] but I don't know how to set real-time battle for action game.

If I wrote anything don't clear or wrong please tell me.
  • There are many different ways for creating real time battles, the game tutorials only show one way.
    In an action game, you'll mostly perform your actions using control maps and probably skillbars. Take a look at these tutorials for some additional examples:
    - throwing a fireball
    - skillbars and hotkeys
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you.

I would like to ask about details.

Can I create combo system [Combo by ClickMouse0 (ex slash sword combo)]Where I can learn this system(Or I need to do this by battle event)?

How I set DamageDealer Range for each weapon (are box collider?)?

• Yes, that's possible by using control maps and the ability's requirement settings (ability combo settings).

E.g. if you want a combo ability A > B > C by using mouse button 0:
    - set up a control map which has 3 keys (your mouse button input) set up with the abilities in this order: C, B, A
    - ability B requires ability A as an ability combo
    - ability C requires ability B as an ability combo

The range of the damage dealer isn't directly defined. It depends on the physical range of it, i.e. the collider and where the weapon is mounted on the combatant's game object (+the animation).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • the physical range are you mean model?
  • Yes, damage dealers depend on the game object they're placed on - they'll have to actually hit/enter the enemy combatant's game object to do damage.
  • Hi
    I again I try to find "ability combo settings" but I found only ability and I see "Abilities is" I read descriptions 4 of them it look like not relative with "ability combo setting"
    Could you tell me more about details?
  • Ability combos are set up in the Requirements settings of the ability (before the use costs).
  • edited March 2017
    Hi
    I try this about a week but nothing happen.
    Can you tell me clearly what I need to do step by step or this is too hard for explain ?

I already do
    -Copy AnimationType Attack to Attack01-Attack03

-Copy Animation Default to BladeDefault
    -Add 3 Legacy Animations for AttackAnimation01-AttackAnimation03

-Copy Animation Battle to BladeBattle

-Add control key in control map
    -3 ControlKey(0-2)
    -Same input(Attack)
    -ActionSetting
    -Type Action
    -Action Ability
    -Selection Attack01-Attack03

-Copy AttackNoCalculation to AttackNoCalculation1-3
    -Change Combatant Animation-->Animation Type to Attack01-Attack03

In Combatant I change nothing.

I purchase this asset because I hope this help me create my game but it give me very hard to for just combo system.

After all If you can't explain me enough(sorry for this I really hope this work but after we talk around 4-5 replies I can't understand what you told me what is your idea or concept) please let me refund please.
    Post edited by Piako on
  • I also try this

-Combatants-->Combatants-->Attacks&Abilities-->AttackSetting
    -I Add 3 base attacks with 3 new abilites ( Attack03,Attack02,Attack01)

-Add control key in control map
    -3 ControlKey(0-2)
    -Same input(Attack)
    -ActionSetting
    -Type Action
    -Action Attack
    -Attack Index(2,1,0)

This setting not even attack
  • OK I can do a combo attack.(By using force index in control map if this needed why you not tell me first)
    Next I set limit time in Attack02,Attack03 to 1 sec but it still perform even time pass around 5 seconds (I mean still combo even I walk around Town and then click) how I fix this to continue combo only.
  • That's cycling through base attacks what you're talking about, not ability combos. For this, you'd just add the base attacks you need to your combatant and define the time they should be available in the ability's Available Time setting.

Each time using the base attack, it'll cycle to the next attack in the list. There are different setups available for this in control maps.
    E.g. using a single key for each of the attacks, you'd just enable Use Current Attack in the control key. For using different keys for each attack, disable Use Current Attack and define the index of the base attack that should be used. You should disable Force Index, unless you want to be able to use the attack in any case, not relying on the combatant's current base attack in the cycle.

Please note that a combatant can only have one base attack cycle - other combos need to be set up as ability combos.
  • edited March 2017
    After all can you give a example for setup combo with a button ?
    It look like attack index not reset how to reset this by time
    Post edited by Piako on
  • You'd probably be better off getting a controller from the asset store that already has a combo system built in. Then integrating that into ORK and setting up realtime battles. That's what I am doing and it works great.
  • Can you tell me that is what asset?
    How you handle ORKDamageDealer or just animation and everything will work?
    Thank you.
  • Piako said: OK I can do a combo attack.(By using force index in control map if this needed why you not tell me first)
    Next I set limit time in Attack02,Attack03 to 1 sec but it still perform even time pass around 5 seconds (I mean still combo even I walk around Town and then click) how I fix this to continue combo only.
    How I reset this