Is there a way to have a Choice Node not wait for a choice to be selected to execute the next node or have an option in the Choice Node to close dialogue on input if no choice is selected?

For example when making a menu I have a Interaction Machine that changes a Global Variable inventoryOpen Bool on and off when Inventory button is pressed.

In a Update Tick Machine I have a Check Input Inventory Node connected to a Check Variable inventoryOpen Bool Node and on true show Choice Dialogue Inventory or if false close dialogues. Now I want my Choice Dialogue to execute the Next connected node which is connected back up to the Check Input Inventory Node but it does not execute because there are choices available.

Is there a better way to do this possibly by using a HUD toggle as my Inventory screen?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
-Nate
=]
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • No, that's not possible, since which node is used as the next node depends on the selected choice ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok just was wondering if I could set a time limit on picking a choice
    Portfolio - My Website
  • I have another question, couldn't I set the choices to show on a Global true bool variable condition and if it turns to false the choices become unavailable and execute the default Next if no choices available then on the Choice node?
    Do the variable checks in the choice nodes check at all times or just at the point of starting?
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Checks only happen when the choice is displayed initially.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I figured so, thank you.
    Should I use ORK to handle my inventory menu or is there a way to use Makinom for hadleing this?
    Portfolio - My Website
  • It's probably way easier to use ORK for this, since Makinom doesn't really have an inventory (other than using variables) and you'd have to build the menu with dialogues.
  • Ok thanks, looks like I'm going to get the plugin
    Portfolio - My Website