GIL I was doing some research on where to post a game to the public and I came across itch.io and it supports Unity games made with WebGL builds.

Does ORK and Makinom support WebGL builds?
I've noticed it does or did with Web Player but I thought that was all being switched to WebGL.

Thanks,
Nate
=]
Post edited by relenting_1 on
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • It should work fine with WebGL - just give it a try :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome thank you very much!!! =]
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I built a small game as a test, the build folder was empty?
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Do you get any errors in the Unity console?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Gil here is a link to the errors I get.
    Error Pictures
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Just did a quick test build with the game tutorial project and worked without a problem. Your error messages also don't show any connection to ORK (as far as I can tell).
  • I am just using Makinom for now for this games simple build.
    I'll try it again or I'll just reinstall everything and see if that will fix it.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • edited March 2017
    Ok so I found out it has to be something on my end because a completely new project with a cube in a saved scene builds as a blank folder but only for WebGL builds.
    I'm using Unity 5.5.2 and I reinstalled Unity 3 times now and still all blank WebGL builds.
    GIL are you build testing on the previous version?

Here is a Unity link to what may be a solution Unity Forum WebGL Issue.

Just did another reset install and updated on my computer then waited like ~10mins for the project to build and IT WORKS for just a blank project!!!!

Thanks,
    -Nate
    =]
    Portfolio - My Website
  • edited April 2017
    I spoke too soon...
    As soon as I add Makinom to a blank project and not do anything else except Build as a WebGL it throws out these Errors and my built game folder is empty.

The first error shows something about System.Boolean Makinom.Schematics.NetworkMachineStartSetting::
    maybe that is causing the failed build?
    *confirmed error is coming from the Makinom DLL folder
    I deleted the DLL and it built the WebGL project fine again, but since DLL was deleted Makinom machines will not function in the built game.

I'm using Unity 5.5.3f1 Personal 64bit now if that info is needed.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Didn't try a WebGL build for Makinom yet - only with the ORK tutorial project (which worked). WebGL is still not officially supported, so it might as well just not work.

As far as IL2CPP errors go, it usually helps to disable Strip Engine Code* in the player settings.
  • Ok, I'll make a simple game in ORK for now then and when Makinom is WebGL ready I'll build it over in Makinom.

Thanks,
    -Nate
    =]
    Portfolio - My Website
  • I did a test build with one of the Makinom game tutorials - yeah, doesn't work. Strangely I get an error that built-in Unity stuff isn't found (e.g. Light components) ...

I'll look into it in the near future for official WebGL support for both ORK and Makinom.
  • Awesome Gil!
    10/10 star support as always!!!!

Thanks a bunch for looking into it!
    -Nate
    =]
    Portfolio - My Website