As a programmer, I'm starting to feel a little guilty using ORK :) I can do what Gil has done. It's just he's already done it; so, saving me a lot of time.

Anyone else feel this way when they use a framework? Or, is it just me? Oh, and, I'm not going to stop using it :)

• I admit, I feel some guilt, but Unity typically does alot of heavy-lifting itself. I'm sure lots of pro Unity games have used editors at some point in their development. RPGs are very difficult to develop for, but thanks to ORK2, we'll probably see alot more now. GiL is pretty much a harbinger of hope for this genre. :D
  • edited November 2013
    Guilty, heck no, I'm overjoyed.
    Granted, I'm purely a designer and artist by trade, and my scripting skills are atrocious, so me attempting any sort of RPG database was out of the question. :D

ORK gives me as a designer a lot more control over stuff I would normally have to bug engineering for, and for that I'm extremely happy.

I'll also be giving GiL and ORK a mention in the game's credits.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • No need to feel guilty, isn't that what frameworks are there for?

Of course, you could do everything yourself - but it would take you a long time, which you could put into other things :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2013
    I don't feel guilty at all. I needed a good engine and paid for it and got everything I wanted (at least so far).

I used to be able to code some things I needed but don't need to do it at all in ORK and that makes me feel a bit lazy but heck---lazy is good if it works. : ) There are a lot of other things I can spend time on like integrating new graphics in my game or---

thinking about creative ways to use what already exists in ORK--haven't even broken the surface of that.

What I would feel guilty about is asking for feature requests right now while gil is busy delivering ORK2. But he's not lazy about that at all. : ) He's done some fine additions to ORK2 from what I can see. Someday I'll get a chance to try them. : )

If you weren't making a commercial game currently with ORK1, I think you might feel a little guilty about not testing ORK2 because I'm sure there are a lot of little things that could use some testing help.

There are always the little things as I've found in making my games. : )

Post edited by Catacomber on