edited March 2017 in ORK Support
Hello,

I have studied ORK framework recently, it's really awesome! Thanks for the author and this great community. Now, I am trying to prototype a game idea which required a turn based battle which follow the rule of a Chess game.

1) Faction Letter has units of A, B, C, D
2) Faction Number has units of 1,2,3,4

Each turn, one faction could freely select one of the faction's unit to perform an action then turn ends. Like

1) Turn 1, faction Letter choose B to perform an attack action. Once this action performed, this turn ends.
2) Then it comes to Turn 2, faction Number choose 3 to perform an ability action. Once this action performed, this turn ends.

1) and 2) repeats until one of the factions wins.

From my research on ORK, only Phase battle can freely choose a combatant to perform actions, however, a turn of Phase battle would only end when all units of a faction perform their actions. While in turn-based and active time battle, the turn is calculated, combatant is not available to be chose freely to perform action. Therefore, I am not sure how to achieve what I have mentioned above.

I hope I have made myself clear. Let me know if anything I should clarify.

Any insight/suggestion is appreciated!
Post edited by ljx00_520 on
  • edited March 2017
    The phase battle system is the way to go here. A phase doesn't require to use all combatants, you can also end it before that.

E.g. in the battle AI, the actions have an option to end the phase after that action - or just add an End Phase node to a battle event and add it to all battle actions (e.g. abilities, items, defend, etc.), that way the phase will end after each action, having only one of the combatants perform an action.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the good hint, Gil. I knew it definitely is achievable in ORK since it's such a flexible system!