edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I was wondering how do i import animation given by a downloaded model from the assets store into the Ork Framework? As in for example after importing model package into Unity, how do i customize the model animation if inside the package has an animation folder? Sorry am still quite new to Unity and the Ork Framework, apologies if there is already a thread about this but I was unable to find any solutions to this. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.
  • For ORK Framework, it doesn't really matter where the animations came from.
    You need to set up your animations on your game objects first - ORK can only play the animations that are available for an object.

Once you've set up your animations on your object (e.g. Mecanim or legacy system), you can assign them to Animation Types in Base/Control > Animations.
    E.g. for the legacy animation system, you simply need to put in the name of your animation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for your fast reply! But sorry have to ask a newbie question, do you mean like in Legacy Animation setup, under animation name, i key in the exact file name found in the folder of the animations in order to get the animation for the object? (The model is downloaded and have pre-made animations)
  • Oh sorry and i forgot to mention this is to replace the player's animation, not a NPC.
  • I guess the new models you'll get in the asset store are using Mecanim, so you'll first have to set up your Mecanim animation controller.

I'd suggest you should first get some basic knowledge on how animations are handled in Unity before worrying about ORK :)
    In ORK Framework it's pretty straight forward - you just need to tell ORK the animation that should be played (legacy by stating the animation's name, for mecanim it's the state's name).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok thank you so much for replying! :)