edited April 2017 in ORK Support
Hi All,

I am thinking to add some events after I select an ability but before the ability actually performed. To make it more clear, please consider below scenario:

1) In a turn based battle, my player combatant has an ability named "Attack"
2) I select "Attack" as my move
3) Then I'll have to select an enemy combatant on who I chose to perform "Attack"
4) Once I have selected an enemy combatant, then "Attack" will actually apply on this enemy combatant

What I want to do is to trigger an event between step 2) and 3); whenever I select an ability, event fired. I am aware of that we're able to add battle events for an ability which would be triggered once this ability being performed. But I want to make this event happen before this ability being performed.

Thanks in advance for any insights and clues.

Edit
Essentially, what I am trying to do is to add some Game Variables data to "Battle Settings/Target Settings/Target Information Dialogue/Target Changes/Target Info Text"; and thinking to add an event to actually set the values of these Game Variables.
Post edited by ljx00_520 on
  • From the looks of it, no.

This sounds like a thing you have to do your own programming on.
  • Yeah, not possible out of the box - you'd have to implement that yourself.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for your feedback, @Kale @gamingislove.

I finally figured out a workaround which is using Formula to achieve what I wanted. The bold text below is my workaround. It's not firing an event for me, but at least fulfill my requirement for now. Sharing here in case anyone encounter similar scenario in future.

1) In a turn based battle, my player combatant has an ability named "Attack"
    2) I select "Attack" as my move - Once "Attack" being selected, it will trigger a formula to calculate ability("Attack" in this case) damage applied to targets, inside this particular formula, I finish the calculation for my game variables and persist them there. So that they can be used afterwords. It's not a perfect solution as Formula node editor does not provide as many nodes as Event node editor, but since my game variables calculation are related to ability damage calculation, it works fine for me.
    3) Then I'll have to select an enemy combatant on who I chose to perform "Attack"
    4) Once I have selected an enemy combatant, then "Attack" will actually apply on this enemy combatant