edited April 2017 in ORK Support
Is it possible to get the nearest point within range?

Like having a range of 20 and being able to click at range 30 away, and getting the point at range 20.

Also, what is the measurement of range, because it seems to be off from unity's distance.

Scratch that part, I forgot to add in the boundaries of the character itself.
Post edited by Kale on
  • No, that's currently not possible in the event system. It might be possible to somehow work around that by moving that position and sending another raycast there ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2017
    You mean by altering gameplay code?

I was really hoping to avoid that. Since I suck at editing other people's code. I guess I'll take a look and see if I can.

EDIT: Can you point out where to edit for this? I've been looking and I can't make out where it actually accepts the position to perform the action. I've found a couple of places that seem like it but ended up with nothing.
    Post edited by Kale on
  • I actually meant by using the event system - at least I think that's where you're using it?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Well, I don't think you can. Mainly because if you set up a range, ork doesn't accept a click/input outside the range given. You have to move it into the range for it to be accepted. So it can't even start the events before having an input already in range.
  • You can change the click distance in Base/Controls > Game Controls and override it in each interaction component.
  • edited April 2017
    Ah. You're talking about interaction. I'm actually still talking about ability and the range for it in battles.

I didn't even think about outside of battle. Sorry, should've been clearer.

EDIT: I think I found a work around. I changed the Set Ray Point line to point to the instance of the target cursor. Though I have two issues with it.

1) I have to put in a cursor, and set up input keys.
    2) Clicking doesn't work, unless I set it as the accept button, which would mess with being able to click on buttons, if it's left click, and would have to change the accept button.
    Post edited by Kale on