edited April 2017 in ORK Support
Hi,
I just started to integrate ORK in my project... I followed just the very first tutorials, adding the main menu and a single combatant (the player, of course). I use my custom player and camera controllers so I set to "none" the respective fields in "Base/Control" -> "Game Controls".

I noticed an unusually high CPU usage in the profiler set to "deep profile" in the editor...

It's happening every frame and the time ms value changes randomly, between 0.5x and 2x the value in the pic.

I run some tests and I came up to this conclusion: the usage seems to increase with the scene complexity. My test level is a procedural maze and I could easily grow or shrink the size of the scene changing its width/height parameters (dunno if it matters here but my game is using 3D geometry, although the maze is 2-dimensional). The screenshot was taken with 20x40 pieces, and the usage decreases proportionally if I lower the size... for example a 5x5 maze gets something like 0.10 ms of CPU by ORKHandler.

I must specify that none of the generated maze pieces contain ORK components whatsoever, I haven't implemented anything yet. I had set a spawn point and start event (like described in the third game tutorial) but even removing those object nothing changes. This happens with just the game starter in the scene, even if "call main menu" or "start game" are both disabled!

Is this expected behavior? Am I missing something? I'm using Unity 5.6.0f3.

Thanks a lot!
Paolo
Post edited by unfalco on
  • If you're just starting with ORK, I'd recommend first following the game tutorials without changes and not implement it into your project before finishing the tutorial series.

Also, ORK doesn't support Unity 5.6 yet, so you'll have to roll back to one of the Unity 5.5 releases - it might be what's causing this, as I don't have this behaviour on my end.
    The highlighted line in your profiler is coming from a standard Unity function and shouldn't really use that much CPU (unless they changed something in Unity 5.6).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok thanks!
    I'll follow your advice.

Regards,
    Paolo